The choice to recycle your gold is the easy part. But with so many gold-buyers out there- it can be tough to choose the right one. Here are some tips:
- DO ensure a face-to-face transaction– avoid mail-in or “pay later” businesses
- DON'T hesitate to ask questions. A reputable business should be happy to answer any questions you have about their prices of the day, testing procedures, and method of payment.
- DON'T be concerned if you are unsure if your pieces are gold. A representative will be happy to examine all pieces.
- DON'T worry about pre-sorting your gold. An experienced representative will go through everything with you.
- DO make sure that your gold buying representative uses an accurate testing method such as a chemical assay to determine the purity of your pieces. Some equipment, such as test probes can be very inaccurate.
- DO make sure that you are comfortable with the transaction
- DO request a receipt for a record of the transaction.
- DON'T forget your government issued photo ID. Most city bylaws will require identification to validate a transaction.